Our curriculum provided by Child Evangelism Fellowship, supplemented by Betty Lukens Through the Bible in Felt, rotates on a 3-year cycle that covers the major stories of the Old Testament and the life of Christ. In addition to regular Bible lessons, the curriculum also includes special lessons for Christmas, Easter, and salvation each year. We use four versions of the Holy Bible: New International Version (pre-2002), King James Version, New King James Version, and English Standard Version.
- Year 1: Old Testament – Creation to Joseph in Egypt (Genesis)
- Year 2: Old Testament – Moses on (Exodus +)
- Year 3: New Testament – Life of Christ (Gospels & Acts)
The 2020-2021 school year is Year 3 curriculum.
Monthly memory verses for 2020/2021:
- Sep – John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him will never perish, but have eternal life.”
- Oct – James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- Nov – Psalm 106:1 Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever!
- Dec – 1 John 4:14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the World.
- Jan – Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
- Feb – Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
- Mar – Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Apr – Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.